NexTenders are to present at the first European Conference on e-Public Procurement (ECCP)
Why a Conference on e-public procurement?
More than 17% of European GDP is due to public procurement and hence priority should be given to improve adopted practices with the objective of meeting the new challenges of financial stability and sustainable growth of the European Union.
Fortunately, e-public procurement can play a strategic role:
- to generate public savings through improved sourcing and more effective competition between suppliers;
- to increase transparency and fair decision making to award public contracts;
- to help SMEs to participate in public markets;
- to stimulate innovation and the development of e-marketplaces;
- to promote a low-carbon society and more sustainable growth.
The European Commission proposed new Directives for Public Procurement on December 2011 disseminating and introducing mandatory e-public procurement for several cases in a near future.
The dissemination of e-public procurement seems feasible due to the increasing market of e- platforms offering procurement services as SaaS (Software as a Service) supported by more robust and mature ICT and pursuing the “cloud computing” paradigm.
This explains the opportunity to organize, for the first time, a European conference on e- public procurement covering the wide range of problems and of disciplines required to understand and to master e-public procurement.
The objectives of this 1st European Conference on e-Public Procurement are:
- Discussing the implications of the single digital market on online casino public procurement;
- Presenting the new advances of e-procurement available through Software as a
Service (SaaS), offered by major providers;
- Discussing the role of e-procurement to improve the management of each
- Identifying major macro-economic benefits due to the dissemination of e-public
- Discussing alternative strategies to simplify and to overcome e-procurement
- Presenting e-procurement impacts on innovation and on SMEs access to public markets;
- Proposing new initiatives to increase cross-border e-public procurement
Next Generation eProcurement
NexTenders have created a unique niche in the world of eProcurement with their innovative business models, focussing on SaaS based highly secure tamper-evident systems with patented levels of compliance on a global scale. The highly scalable, data-centric and platform-agnostic design of the NexTenders system, with its emphasis on configurability to quickly meet client requirements within a framework of best practice, make its technologies and approach an exciting value proposition.
NexTenders are the market leader in India, having processed over half a million electronic tenders with a cumulative value of over $13 billion, are highly active in Africa and are now entering the European market. On account of its global footprint, the NexTenders system fully is committed to 100% compliance with the evolving UN/CEFACT data exchange standard. NexTenders also play a leading role in drafting recommendations/standards at UN/CEFACT in relation to the security of digital documents and the interoperability of electronic signatures.
Nextender”s presentation will be to highlight some of the unique aspects of it”s systems, our business models, our approach and our understanding of the importance of security and compliance, and taking all this to a true Cloud model.